Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!




This year more than ever I've realized how special and irreplaceable mothers are. Working at M.D. Anderson, I've met so many women who have lost their mothers due to breast cancer, or even worse, mothers who know that they won't make it to see their children graduate, have children, or even turn 5. I am so blessed to have not only my mother, but two grandmothers, a great-grandmother for 22 years, and now a mother-in-law. I hope I will always realize how lucky I am to have had these amazing role models and friends in my life for so long. It wasn't until I was older, and maybe I won't fully understand until I have children, all that my mom has done for me. But some of the things I have really thought about lately are:




  • How many zillion times you took me to doctor appointments (really far away) and I never, ever heard you complain about the drive, the cost, or the battles with doctors and providers


  • How you always took the time to make me look cute when I was little


  • How have always been excited to hear about the small victories in my life, whether it be a new job possibility, or that I finally figured out what to paint the coffee table
Not to mention all the other obvious guidance on love, life, and happiness! So on Mother's Day, enjoy a couple of the cute wedding pictures of my mom and I!







Another very important mother, my grandmother!




I must also mention that this is my first Mother's Day to have a Mother-in-law, and I could not have asked for a better one! Those of you who know me well, know I really dodged a bullet in this area, and I feel extremely lucky to have such a kind, non-meddling mother in law! ;)




Happy Mother's Day!!



No comments: