Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Soccer Widow


We interrupt this marriage to bring you soccer season...

Don't get me wrong. I love soccer. Despite the freezing cold, 40 minute halves, it is the sport that brought us:


However, the schedule really is insane. Especially when you note that there are usually 3 games (a varisty, and 2 JV) that my husband stays for. Here is coach's schedule for the week:

Monday: soccer game at 5
Tuesday: Soccer game - 1 hour away
Wednesday: regular soccer practice
Thursday - Saturday: Soccer tournament - 1 hour away; soccer practice for his team

March can't come fast enough!



Coach's wives, can I get an amen?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Sarah.
I've been a coach's widow for 8 years now. I totally understand.

I wish it was something that every could understand, but it isn't. People who aren't in it can't possibly comprehend the amount of time it takes.

Erin said...

Hi!

Thanks for the nice comment! I will have to check out your blog - I love making new blog friends!

As for the chap stick test. I was so excited, it was going great! Then (so icky) I got a cold sore (ewwwie!). I didn't want to post about it because, well, cold sores are gross. So, the test had to be put on hiatus.

Anyway, I have still been experimenting and found the that the best combination (for me, at least) is lots of water during the day with Rosebud Salve. At night and morning, I use Mary Kay's Satin Lips and that's fantastic!!!

Hope that helps!

-E