Monday, February 9, 2009

Love

In Reader's Digest this month (yes I Reader's Digest thankyouverymuch), I was inspired by an article that featured the book Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak. Hundreds of people both famous and obscure, submitted six word sentences on their view of love, romance, and heartbreak. It is amazing what you can convey in just six words!

In hindsight, I'd still choose you.
- Natana Gill

Love: eight pounds and six ounces.
-Kenny Clark

Much married, fourth time is charmed.
-Erica Jong

Wonder-filled, and never a dull moment.
-Diane Ackerman

I'm your one that got away.
-Mary Elizabeth Williams

He e-mailed again, and I deleted.
-Molly Antopol

He told me he was single.
-Esther Newberg

He's velcro, I'm teflon...love endures!
-Kay Murcer

My life's accomplishments? Sanity, and you.
-Elizabeth Gilbert

Hired me. Fired me. Married me.
-Julie Klam

Moved in. No ring. Moved out.
-Melissa Lafsky

Portland, she decided; I, the Bronx.
-Dominic Preziosi

Love means lying about your weight.
-Ann Ingalls

So I created my own. Not only is it so very true, but also a nod to one of my favorite songs:

Everything is easy because of you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post!