Monday, February 2, 2009

toe-tally weird


It wasn't a few days ago that I posted here about my freaky long toe, and now a doctor has told me that its more than weird - it's a problem!

I went to a podiatrist last week to check out my foot because I was having some pain when I ran, and I thought it might be a stress fracture. Upon looking at the x-rays, the problem was obvious. My second toe and attached foot bone are so much larger than my big toe bone that all my weight was being loaded onto that bone rather than being distributed evenly. The doctor was seriously cracking up at how long that bone was, and said he had never seen anything like it! Joy.

So now I'm the proud owner of some shoe inserts and anti-inflammatory drugs. Not to mention the strict orders to do specific running exercises this week. Dang it! I knew I should have just decided that running obviously for me - end of story...

So in spirit of self deprecation openness, I am posting a picture of the source of my foot pain:

Crazy, huh?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

haha! i'm sorry! i'm only laughing bc you were too! anyway check out my blog today! i tagged you:)