Saturday, September 26, 2009

new haircut and embarrassing moment of the week


My new haircut! I kind of did this on a whim, but I think I like it! I could be Kate Gosselin for Halloween...maybe? I'll just pick up some ugly Ed Hardy shirt for Ryan, and we'll be good to go!


Speaking of hair cuts, something funny happened at my appointment today. So, Thursday I actually had some major dental work done so I took off work Thursday and Friday to recover. By my hair appointment this morning I was still in a tad bit of pain and a little swollen, but my friend that was with me assured me you could not tell.

Apparently she lied.

I was waiting to get my hair cut just reading a magazine, and I look up when a man sitting nearby asks me "Did that hurt?" (pointing at his lips). Since there was no way he knew I had dental work done, I was totally confused and asked him what he meant.

He says "You had your lips done, right?"

No lie.

I was so thrown off and embarrassed I fumbled all over my response, because I'm pretty sure that's not a compliment.

Take home message: The rule about not guessing whether someone is pregnant or not has just been expanded to include plastic surgery.



I think I see some Benadryl and ice in the plans tonight...

12 comments:

Mallory Ann said...

Hey did you get my football swap package? I havent received yours yet, and I just wanted to check on it

Love the new haircut

Stephen and Larissa said...

Your new haircut is so cute! I really wish I could pull off short cuts; I've had the same style since high school. Yours really is cute.

Your barbershop story is too funny. People should really think before they talk!

Brunch at Saks said...

Love your new cut! You look gorgeous! XO

LWLH said...

Love the new cut, that would be hilarious if you also had a friend that could go as Jon's girlfriend :)

Elizabeth said...

love the hair cut!

Red High Heels said...

cute hair! :)

d.a.r. said...

Cute hair!!!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Awwwww, you are just too cute! I saw you're a new follower. Thanks for reading my nonsense=)

Kyla Roma said...

I just found your blog, and WOW. I would have decked him or fallen off my chair laughing, I'm not going to lie. How do these people get through life without injury?

Love the hair, we're almost twins! =)

Kimi said...

I love the hair cut. Very cute and sassy! Plus you are way to cute to be Kate!

Stopping over from Sarah (Classy and Fab) to wish you a Happy Birthday!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is a fabulous haircut!

Holly said...

Wow, what a rude man! I would never make that sort of comment to somebody! o.O